Monday, May 3, 2010

Life in the 727

It's been a busy week at home! I don't remember being this busy but I guess when all the family is in town thats what happens huh? It's nice to be back to the sunny skies and warm weather, although, I must say it's been one of the harder times for me adjusting to the heat and humidity. Really drains a lot out of me fast. This morning Joe and I got up and played basketball down at church while dad was teaching seminary... I can't BELIEVE I ever woke up that early (actually 4:45 to be exact!) for four years straight. Can we just celebrate that triumph very quickly .....

Way to go self.

Thanks.

Ok, back to it. Yesterday we had a lovely dinner at Alicia's house where I proceeded to bend and bow down to every one of Sadie's little commands. She sure knows what she wants. And she'll get it too!

Example: Dad was sitting on the couch next to Sadie. Sadie pushed dad off the couch so he wouldn't sit there, once he was gone she looked at me and started patting the couch so I knew I was welcome to sitting by her. Sorry dad, I know you don't have favorites but I guess she does.

There was a lot of the "golf game". Which really has nothing to do with golf. Pretty much just a golf club. A plastic one at that. It's more like hockey. I get a ball and golf club and chase Sadie around the house with it. She LOVES that game. Unfortunately the golf club is Sadie Size and I bend over for an hour running around. Doesn't sound hard huh? Ok, well let me tell YOU something. I want you to get a little plastic golf club and ball and chase it around your house, RUNNING, for an hour or more. THEN you come tell me it's not that bad! Ah, the things I do for that girl. I sure hope she appreciates this!

Unfortunately Ethan and Joseph couldn't be there. Although we did have a dinner with the whole Meyers family on Thursday. Our only day together. :( Actually our only 2 hours together. Maybe Christy will change her mind and decide her family is more important than her job and move back to Florida for the rest of the summer. Likely? I think not. But we shall see friends, we shall see.

Here's some pictures to show you how UN-often we are all together. Man we were ugly children! It's amazing we turned out normal.


(Yes, These are hideous, but they are necessary for everyone to see how little we are all here together. Let this be a lesson family!)




5 comments:

  1. Everything has a cost little Kimmy. Sadie sold her loyalty to the highest bidder and the price you paid was hours of your time and energy. Congratulations, you are the proud, new owner of "Sadie's favorite" status. Don't feel used - I think it was a price well paid.

    I'm with you on how it would be fun to all be together more often. At least we have six more people now when we are all together (Ben, Sarah, Julie, Joseph, Ethan, and Sadie) and soon it will be seven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no no Joe, I think you've got this all wrong. BECAUSE I'm Sadie's favorite I have to do all those things. She doesn't let you because she doesn't LIKE you. Do you get it now you poor, poor man?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahah!! That first photo IS pretty funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimmy, don't ever go away. You are too helpful and fun to be around. Thanks for going to Animal Kingdom with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. LOVE the pictures!!
    2. you think its hard chasing a small child around with a plastic golf club?? try pushing a medium sized teenager around in a wheel chair with inflatable wheels for one week straight as she commands you to do anything her little heart desires. oh, and let's not forget the half mile spring through pouring rain!!!!!
    try that out

    ReplyDelete