Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kimmy For Heisman!

So... we had our last flag football game of the regular season on Tuesday. I have been the quarterback for all of our games, even though I would rather be catching the ball instead of throwing. Let me just tell you like a little bit about what we have gone through. Ok? ok.

Well, for starters, we actually have a really athletic team of girls. Everyone who plays has played some sort of sport in high school I think. Which is why I think it is so odd that we have not won a SINGLE GAME! In high school I played wide receiver and even was on the All-County All Star team. (Shocking, I know..) So I am not use the pressure of playing Quarterback. I just like to catch the ball ok? So somehow I got stuck playing Quarterback because I am the best at throwing effectively and accurately. Not gonna lie, my passes are pretty ballin. Other than me as the quarterback everyone else just goes where ever. (Mistake number 1). We had one "practice" before our first game but other than that, nothin. (Mistake number 2). Which equals, no plays. So we just really go out there and I decide if I'm going to pass or hand off and the people that are not the best at catching/running are the vocal ones that always want to catch or run the ball. So I just give up trying and let them do whatever because I don't care. (Mistake number 3. Care more).

Ok, so our last game, only 5 of us showed up. So we played 2 girls down. Now I'm going to ruin the happy ending right now and just tell you we lost. So don't get your hopes up. We're not the Red Sox. (Wrong sport, same idea. Get the picture?) So anyway, we're thinking maybe we should just quit right now. But I needed to get my running in for the day so I just decided Ok, I'm gonna just have fun and not get competitive. (You all KNOW how hard that is. Especially Joe. I now refuse to play tennis with Joseph or dad because they make me so mad when I play). So we were just ya know, out there.. running around... messing around... have fun. So when we get the ball, I only have 1 person blocking for me. I don't know why either of the other 2 that could have blocked didn't... anyway doesn't matter. So just imagine your me ok? You get the ball hiked to you, and you see 3 girls running at you from the left, 2 girls on the right, and then the other 2 are covering my receivers..... HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL???!!! So I pretty much have to catch, look for where they're going and throw within a matter of 3 seconds. Do you know how hard that is? It was scary. Well thank goodness for my amazing eye to see where my receivers are going, I throw the ball right in front of my right receiver and she catches and out runs the defense. Scoring our first touchdown of the season. Brought a little tear to my eye. So while she is running down the field, I am running after her yelling "YESSSS!! YESSS!! KEEP GOING, KEEP GOING!!! THEY'RE NOT GOING TO CATCH YOU! YESSSS!!" It was beautiful. I threw 2 more touchdowns later that night. One of which was with 15 seconds left in the 1st half, and then again with 3 seconds left in the second half. It was amazing. We got one more too which was pretty amazing. The other team had just scored and they were going for the extra point. Their quarterback threw the ball to the endzone and our girl intercepted it (In THEIR endzone) and then ran alllllll the way down the field to score our touchdown. It was awesome. So we lost but we had a good time doing it. We scored 4 touchdowns, 3 of which I threw. And I even pulled some flags on defense. (Which by the way I hate defense and never played in high school).

So, you can all vote now for Kimmy Meyers for the Girls Flag Football Heisman Award. Or, if you'd like to make a donation, I take cash or checks.

8 comments:

  1. Funny story. All the more funny since we went to one of your games. I guess we picked the wrong one to attend. I'll vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got my vote too. Congratulations on your sucessful loss, sucessful because you had so much fun. I can just imagine you running after your own player yelling as she scored the first touchdown. Way to go Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That a girl Kimmy! Way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. on an unrelated note... changing the text to white instead of black might make it easier to read...

    anywhoo... I'd vote for you... but for teh Heiswoman

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got my vote! This also sounds like my freshman year of HS flag football. The last game sounds amazing though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. white is not a Halloween color though tom.

    thank you all for your votes. i think i won, seeing as i had no opponent and no one else voted. therefore the voting was unanimous in the affirmative for Me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. when halloween is over, will you adopt a harvest layout? and for the holiday season, will it be a Christmas layout? just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kimmy said she was sticking with Halloween all year long. At least it makes sense this week. Happy Halloween Kim! What costume will you wear?

    ReplyDelete