Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Here's the DL...

Hello fam! (I assume those are the only people who look at this painfully boring blog)

Just wanted to update you on my life.
Well, for starters, I took my first Stat 221 test today. I studied over 8 hours probably closer to 9 and took it tonight and got a 85% on the multiple choice. And there was a written part that I'm pretty sure I showed them wassup cause I ruled that part! It was worth 18 points so maybe I will end up with an A.

ALSO!..... I made my first APPLE pie tonight. Well, it is baking as we speak/type. My roommate allison helped me with it. We are really excited. AND, I only called mom twice for help. Some of you might remember that I made a pie once before in my life. It was the summer before I left for my freshmen year of college, so I guess that would be 2 summers ago. But anyway, I made it for Bishop Schweikert because I "accidentally" might have put his Oakley Sunglasses in Jello (Anyone seen that episode of The Office?) and so I made him a pie. (Don't worry, it was his OLD pair of Oakley's and I think it should be known that he has over 20+ pairs of sunglasses, so if you were thinking about feeling sorry for him, DON'T!) So I made that pie all by myself but I accidentally read the recipe wrong and put 3 Tablespoons of Salt in instead of 3 teaspoons.... oops. So that one didn't even taste good so it doesn't really count. Although that poor family ate it despite the HORRID taste. Poor poor Bishop Schweikert. Anyway, hopefully this one tastes better. I will let you know as soon as I taste it in about 21 minutes and 46 seconds. I'll put a picture of my very FIRST pie though because I forgot to take a picture tonight. I will take one after it is done though. :) K? k.




(Here is the GROSS pie from 2 years ago)

PS... I just checked my pie and I burned my pinky.. OUCH! :(

4 comments:

  1. Very funny story about the sunglasses Kimmy. I especially liked the part about "if you were going to feel sorry for him, DONT!". Seems like there is some strong feelings there.

    Hope your new pie turned out better than your last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy knowing what's going on in your day to day life! Where did you get the idea to bake a pie? I baked one of my first every cakes yesterday. Two layers and I made my own frosting. It was for a YW. It took me like TWO HOURS to clean up the kitchen afterwards! AYE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, thank you. I live to hear you laugh. It makes me so sad that I couldn't hear it. :(
    My new pie was pretty good. A HECK of a lot better than the first one.

    Alicia, and many thanks to you as well. I enjoy knowing your day to day life as well. I had a ton of apples that I needed to use so I called mom for a recipe. How was your cake? I'm sorry it took so long to clean up! I bet sadie did a good job helping you.

    tell my neice and nephew auntie kimmy loves them sooooooooooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that pie!! it was um....delicious?

    ReplyDelete