Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Darn ALL ski lifts!


I like to think I am a well coordinated person. Ski lifts try to make me look like a fool however.
I think I have gotten hurt more snowboarding than I have doing any of the other ridiculous shenanigans I'm ever up to. Last year I got a GINORMOUS bruise that was about thissssssssssssss big. ;) All I was doing was standing in LINE for the ski lift. Key Word: SKI LIFT. It was the nastiest black and blue bruise for about 3 weeks. Priceless.

Last Saturday Alison, Gabby, Makia, and I (that was for you mom) went night skiing. Probably not a good idea to have the four of US on the ski lift together, given my history. As we approached the "steep" lift I warned them. Which might have scared them but that's not my fault. I was simply trying to inform. Neither was it my fault when Gabby pushed Makia who fell into me and stuck me with her ski pole and threw my head back on the ice. Of course Alison was out of the way because she is like a deer on the slopes, prancing all about. We were in a tangled mess. I wish we had a picture of video of the event. I bet all of Sundance wished they had that video. I've never heard so many people laugh so hard at ME ( and them) in my life. I was a little out of it though so maybe it was not even that loud I just thought it was. It was all kind of a blur now. I think I got whiplash because my neck was pretty sore the next day. I thought I was better by today. Boy was I mistaken...

Today I was trying a new trick. Bad idea. I fell again. Felt like my brain had an earthquake in my head. Which reminds me, I need some Advil...

No comments:

Post a Comment