Sunday, January 3, 2010

Snowboarding

Christy and I went snowboarding last night. Actually, we went night boarding at Sundance. It was really fun to be back on the old snowboard again :) Although, I must say I was a little rusty. And, like always, getting off the lift was the scariest part. Christy and I have a hard time with it. I dread it EVERY TIME! But it all worked out. We only fell over a few times. My muscles were actually not very sore last night and not at all today. It must be that dang hill that I walk up multiple times a day... all 151 stairs.

I think the funniest/scariest (even scary than the lift) part of the night was the Maverick run. It slopes down into a big bowl shape and then you have to keep your speed to go back up the bowl to another little hill. I have great trouble with this part and really try to avoid it, but after that hill is one of my favorite parts. So as I usually barely make it up because I am scared of speed, I tried really hard to go fast. Lets just say I succeeded. That was probably the fastest I have ever gone on a snowboard. And I never want to go that fast again. I couldn't slow down because I knew if I caught an edge I was done for. So I just PRAYED I would stay on the board. No Joke. I honestly was sending a desperate prayer to heaven pleading to not fall or die. I think it might have even been out loud... ok it was out loud. But it worked. Anyway as soon as I got up to the top, I stopped right away and just contemplated my near death experience. I am glad to say I survived and am here today. You all must feel very lucky.

4 comments:

  1. Very lucky indeed to still have our little Kimmy. Sounds like you had fun. Glad you didn't kill yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate the chair lift!!!! I know tommy is always looking for buddies to go snowboarding/skiing with so if you go call him up

    ReplyDelete
  3. kimmy... how small your font is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahahahaha THANKS FOR NOTICING EDIE!!!

    ReplyDelete