Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Human Brain

Sooo... I was talking to Joe on the phone today explaining why I haven't written on my blog recently. I have no blog worthy posts to write about so I just didn't. I told him about how yesterday in my anatomy lab I held the human brain in my hand for the first time. I was told that was definitely blog worthy. So here I am sharing about it.

Ready?

I held the human brain in my hand for the first time yesterday.

It's crazy how small it is and all the different parts are tiny, but they do SO MUCH! I love my anatomy class. Especially because we are only 1 of 2 schools in the country that get a cadaver lab as undergraduates. It is so cool to learn off the cadavers! You look down and there is hand. Or you walk into the room and there is a leg on the table. It is such a cool class. Everyone that had the opportunity to take it should. ITS AMAZING!

4 comments:

  1. You have me wanting to go back to school and take it. Have you ever taken that weather and meteorology class I told you about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I remember being so amazed at holding a brain, too. It's was what struck me as the most amazing thing in anatomy. You're so lucky to be there. Sometimes I feel jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe, no i haven't taken weather and meteorology yet, but i also haven't forgotten about it. I am planning on taking it sometime before i graduate.

    Alicia, don't feel jealous, i am jealous that you get to play with sadie all day everyday. I couldn't stop thinking about her last night :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was my absolute favorite class in college! I thought that the lungs were the most interesting thing ever. I never expected them to be the way there are. I like to compare them to nerf balls. Anyway ... enjoy your class :)

    ReplyDelete